Friday, October 23, 2009

WEB AWARENESS
Practicing sound internet use as a student can be difficult even if you are not trying to use it inappropriately. The internet is overflowing with inappropriate sites, sites with false information, and sites looking to take advantage of young children. As a teacher I have to be prepared to educate them about how to use the internet effectively and safely. I also have to plan my lessons so that they can not stumble across bad internet sources. In preparing to have students using the computers I should consider purchasing filters that will keep out harmful sites, and do my research to find legitimate databases and search engines. It may be impossible to protect them from every "bad" site out there, but it is my duty as an educator to teach them how to spot these sites, and give them reasons why they should stay away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment